Can someone see you through your phone camera?

A little tip. Don’t take anything more than a few photos when you are on the go and you’ll be amazed.

For more fun stories see What’s New in the New York Times, where I also wrote a feature on how the technology of phone cameras is changing the way we photograph and share our lives.

The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating a series of near miss landing crashes in which the small aircraft did not break apart before striking the ground, according to two sources familiar with its investigation. A preliminary report is expected by this weekend.

The FAA is particularly concerned about three near misses in 2015. One occurred on April 17 at 6:44 a.m. when a Piper Super Cub belonging to the University of North Dakota failed to break apart in an approach and struck the airfield, a federal aviation employee said. The student pilot died shortly after he was airlifted to a local hospital, according to the FAA employee.

Three days later, at 6:40 p.m. on April 26, two small aircraft, one a Piper Dakota belonging to the University of Nebraska and the other an air crew from the New York City Police Department, were flying within 500 feet of each other at the same altitude and heading toward the same direction and were both able to keep airborne. But, the plane came down about 250 feet short of its departure point before it began to break apart. Police have since determined the cause of the accident was pilot error.

The following weekend, on May 7, another near miss, this one involving an Alaskan Airlines plane, occurred at 11:51 a.m. at a small airport in the western United States. The plane landed and flipped upside down but remained airborne.

In one of the most baffling incidents in the near misses, on May 10 at 10:53 p.m. local time. a small plane attempting to follow the same route to its destination in San Diego but going directly into the water after turning into a lake from an approach, struck land instead. According to the pilots, the plane rolled over to its side and continued on its way, but when officials examined the wreckage the pilot had lost consciousness and had to be airlifted to San Diego Hospital Medical Center. The pilot of the small plane was pronounced dead several hours later.

And in July this year, a Piper Jet Cub owned jointly by the University of Nebraska and the University of California-Santa Barbara crashed after its nose came off during an aborted approach to a runway at the